June 01, 2015

Coach's gifts

Soccer, Basketball, T-ball, Gymnastics...Any and All kids sports have one thing in common-a coach.  In most cases there are more than one coach.
Any of us with kiddos who play sports, knows that it takes someone with extreme patience, eyes in the back of their heads, and a sense of humor to coach children.
At the end of the season it's always nice to thank those who have volunteered their time to help introduce our children into the world of sports.

Themed baskets are nice, gift certificates, things made by the team-these are always good ideas.
One year my husband got a gift card for a free game of golf when he coached our little ones soccer team.  He LOVED that gift! 

This year my little girl played on a T-ball team.  We had 3 dad's that were wonderful enough to step up and volunteer to coach these 5 and 6 year olds.

I put together 3 thank you baskets for each coach.  Nothing too fancy-but fun.  I went with a baseball theme-of course:)

I searched endlessly for big league chewing gum-but could not find any at the stores on our base or out on the German economy.  So...I improvised.

I included a framed team picture, beef jerky, sunflower seeds, baseball cards, and a gag gift-giant coaches whistle.  I also went to our local craft store and got supplies to make thank you pennants for each basket.  I think they turned out pretty cute!

What do  you all get for your kid's coaches?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...