April 29, 2012

Homemade Dill Dip

If you have kids you probably have noticed that they love to dip foods.  Even if it is a food that they particularly do not like...throw in some ranch or ketchup to dip it in and the plate is cleaned. 
My kids love dill dip.  In fact the entire family does.  We use it for dipping pretzels, carrots, cucumbers, raw broccoli...if it's dill dipable, we dip it.

So, I decided to make a large batch of it the other day instead of buying it already made in the grocery store.  It was super easy and turned out delicious.  It's kind of a knock off from a recipe from Pampered Chef, but I changed it up a bit.  But I have to give credit that Pampered Chef was the inspiration behind the ingredients I used. 
Here is what you'll need:
One package of cream cheese, softened
dry dill-to taste
garlic salt-to taste
mayonnaise-1-2 Tablespoons

I used my Kitchenaid mixer and the 'hook' attachment to combine all the ingredients.  I just threw the cream cheese, a bunch of dill, and mayo in the mixer and then blended them until they were thoroughly combined. 
I then added a few shakes of garlic salt and more dill.  We love dill so much that I just kept sprinkling it in as the dip base was mixing until I thought it 'looked' right.  I would say I added about 2 Tablespoons in all to the dip. 

When it was all mixed together I  put the dip into a gladware resealable container and it lasted us about 4 days.  We used it for everything.
 It was super yummy and cheaper than buying it in the store.  I will definitely make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...