February 08, 2012

Morning Comfort Food


Sometimes it's the little things...
An oldie but a goody made an appearance in my kitchen a few weeks ago.  I had gotten a great sale (from my own extreme couponing) and had a load of canned Pillsbury biscuits.  What to do?  Make us some monkey bread on a cold winter morning.
There are many versions of monkey bread recipes.  Here is the one from the Pillsbury website (gotta give credit where credit is due).

Recipe:
http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/monkey-bread/8803a680-96e9-4060-b339-8e0ddf2e764d/

Here is what I did (modified from my own memory of my mothers monkey bread and the actual recipe from the Pillsbury website.)  I was not making monkey bread for an army, just a family of 4 so I only used one can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits.  You can add raisins, sliced almonds, etc. to your recipe if you desire.

Ingredients:
1 can Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
1 stick butter
1 C sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon (I added a little more for our taste)
1 C brown sugar

Directions:
Put white sugar and cinnamon in a gallon Ziploc bag; add quartered biscuits (a few at a time) in bag and shake to coat.  Arrange biscuits in bundt pan (layered).  Melt butter in the microwave and then stir in brown sugar.  Pour brown sugar butter mixture over biscuits and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...