December 05, 2011

Making Cookies Out of a Cake Mix

What do you do when you really want a cookie but do not have any of the proper ingredients? 
Go to the Internet!

I had the worst craving for cookies the other day.  Not a specific kind of cookie, but just a cookie!   I absolutely NEEDED one!

I had no chocolate chips, or any of the other needed ingredients to make a good cookie.  So, I did the next best thing-I checked my stockpile.  I had scored a great deal of 10 for $10 on these Pillsbury cake mixes.  Yeah!  I love a good deal! 
Each box of cake mix had super cute ideas for cupcakes and cookies, but I still did not have the right ingredients.  I went on the Internet and to my delight found a recipe for the perfect cookie I could make.

It's kind of like a snickerdoodle but way more moist.  Here is how it started.
                      
(ignore the white clumps of cake mix still in the bowl.  It was rather thick to stir so I had to break it up with a fork later.  This is pre-fork).

Things You'll Need
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 pkg. golden butter cake mix
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Shortening for greasing pans
Pans for baking cookies
Bowls and spoons for mixing
Drinking glass for flattening cookies

Directions


1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease one or two cookie sheets.
2.  Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
3.  Mix the cake mix, eggs and oil in large bowl, stirring the mixture until it is
     well-blended.
4   Shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
5.  Roll each dough ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
6.  Place the balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten the balls with the
     bottom of a glass.
7.  Bake the dough at 375 degree F for eight to nine minutes or until the cookies
     are golden brown.
8.  Cool the cookies for one minute on the cookie sheets. Then remove the cookies to a
     cooling rack to cool completely.

This is the first batch I did-correctly by smooshing them down with the bottom of a glass.  I forgot to smoosh down the cookies on the second batch and they turned out just as good, but a little more rounded on top. 


 I  had to take a picture of the bottom of these cookie because they were baked to perfection.
 


Not the most flattering picture of my sweet Lilly.  But at least you get the idea that the cookies were soooooo yummy!  I'll definitely make them a second time.  The 3 dozen didn't even last 48 hours.

Here is the link to the website and recipe that I used.  So delicious!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...