November 29, 2011

Encouraging Reading

I am not one of those individuals that makes and keeps New Year's Resolutions. But, if you are, encouraging reading with your kids is a great one!:)

                      

This picture is a little old, but it speaks a timeless truth.  As a parent we are great instruments in opening the world of books to our children.
My son is a true lover of books.  Knowing this, I set him up in his room and created a sheet tent by his bookcase.  I also gave him a little monkey lantern from the dollar store for extra ambiance.  He loved his little reading nook.  It was a great way for me to keep him safe and close by while I was in the other room putting his little sister down for her morning nap.
Once again, tents make everything better...and a love of books was continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...